Friday, July 27, 2012

Spanx for Dummies?

Disclaimer: Parts of this may be TMI, for anyone reading this who knows me personally. However, I am laughing so hard at a "Spanx experience" blog I just read, I wanted to give others the opportunity to enjoy the fun! Also, it helps to fully appreciate this if you are a woman who has attempted to have the Spanx "magic" transform a real person's body into the Photoshopped image on the packaging! If you're plus-sized like me - or even think you are (you know, like six pounds overweight), that also heightens the experience.

I recently had my own "come to Jesus" encounter with Spanx (the long-legged, high-waisted, girdle-ish type) so that I could be on stage in a play, wearing a straight sheath-style dress with absolutely NO give, and not have all my jiggly parts look so, well, jiggly. I don't regret it; it suited the character, and I was thrilled to be able to work with this particular theatre company, so I probably would have shaved my eyebrows and dyed my hair orange, if I'd been asked to - because I think so highly of these people and I wanted to do as well as I could do with my character. Thankfully, it didn't come to that orange hair. Suffice it to say, somebody really ought to have a "Tips and Tricks" forum somewhere (or maybe a self-help book: "Spanx for Dummies") to help people know the least dangerous maneuvers for getting into and then out of a Spanx garment. I finally figured out some moves that got me properly enrobed by the time dress rehearsal rolled around, and had it almost down to a choreographed routine by the last performance, although not without some considerable damage to said garment. I really think they ought to sew those seams with Kevlar so the errant thumb, struggling to hoist a tube the size of a straw around and over a "voluptuous" body , won't poke holes in important places! Oh, well...

So, for your Friday afternoon giggling (and maybe, therefore, jiggling?) enjoyment, I offer you "I Tried On Spanx and Almost Called 911."

Thanks to Blogger Amber Dusick for giving me the best laugh I've had in a long time!

http://crappypictures.com/2012/07/i-tried-on-spanx-and-almost-called-911.html#.UBLTwzWVb98.facebook

1 comment:

  1. "I Tried On Spanx and Almost Called 911"

    http://crappypictures.com/2012/07/i-tried-on-spanx-and-almost-called-911.html#.UBLTwzWVb98.facebook

    ReplyDelete